At NMSI we believe that God has given each of us gifting and passion for ministry. It is our vision and desire to see people fulfill their God-given purpose in ministry and life. We are committed to taking the gospel message of Jesus Christ to the nations. We invite you to join with us. The question we love to ask everyone is:
What is God calling you to do?
Career missions with NMSI is looking at long-term commitment to global missions, whether you serve overseas or stateside. Successful candidates for long-term missionary service demonstrate call and preparation for ministry that God is calling them to do, and align with NMSI's vision and mission. Many people use an apprenticeship as a bridge to long-term missionary service. During the application process, NMSI seeks to clarify if we are the right agency to give you support for ministry success.
Steps to joining NMSI:
- Submit a Preliminary Inquiry form
- Participate in a Coffee Chat phone conversation with one of our Field Directors.
- Complete and Submit a missionary application
- Once your application is received a member of our affiliation team will contact you. In joining a missions agency you can expect interviews, references, and a background check.
Once you have joined NMSI:
- Once you have been offered and accept affiliation, we will arrange your participation in Orientation at the Center for Global Outreach (CGO). These take place several times throughout the year. During Orientation you will build relationships with fellow affiliates serving at the CGO, grow in your understanding of NMSI and our ministry, and how to best utilize the services NMSI has to offer.
- NMSI missionaries raise their full support for salary and ministry. During this time you will experience a great season of growth and we will be there with you providing encouragement, tools, guidance, and challenges for you. You will start receiving NMSI internal communications and have access to all affiliation services such as finance, media, member care, etc.
- If you are heading for service overseas you will also go through one of the recommended pre-field training programs:
- COMPASS, a cross-cultural and language learning training program at Mission Training International, or
- Center for Intercultural Training
Other resources: Missionary Training School at Global Frontier Missions
4. Say goodbyes, pack your bags, and get on with your mission!
You also may want to:
- read what current NMSI missionaries have to say on why they chose NMSI
- understand more about our vision, mission, values and how we minister.
- see answers to Frequently Asked Questions